1. Eat your frog firstThe first think you do in the morning is the most important task, the hardest and the one you are afraid of. The rest of the day will be easy in comparison to this.
“If the first thing you do each morning is to eat a live frog, you can go through the day with the satisfaction of knowing that that is probably the worst thing that is going to happen to you all day long!” Brian Tracy
3. Group similar tasksDo the similar tasks in one batch instead of spreading them throughout the day. This helps you to do them faster. For instance, if you need to call several people, do it at the same time.
4. Touch it onceWhenever you get something in front of you, decide right away what to do with it. You should plan, do it, delegate or delete. Don’t let this task to stay around before you decide what to do with it.
2. Stick to 5 most important tasks each daySet up your priorities and define 5 most important tasks that will give you satisfaction at the end of the day. You will spend your time on important things and avoid those that are not important.
5. Make a small analysis of the day
At the end of the day you should make a small analysis: see what tasks you haven’t done and find out the reasons for that. Decide what you are going to do with that in the future and write down your conclusions. Make the same analysis for the month goals. This will help you to become more and more effective.